January 28, 2022
Updated; IBS Media Awards Honors Harper Radio with
Four (4) Five (5) Finalists
The Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS) has announced the finalists for their 2022 Media Awards. Harper Radio – WHCM (88.3FM) – has five (5) entries listed among the finalists for recognition across several categories.
The Harper Radio finalists are:
- Student Ashley Rosenthal, Harper Radio’s current General Manager, under the Best Promotional Event category for her entry “WHCM t-shirt promotion”
- Student Keith Maurice Harris, Harper Radio Host, under the Best On-Air Personality for his entry “The Keith Maurice Show”
- Student Nina Stoner and WHCM veteran Chris Smith, under the Best Talk Program, for their show “Streaming Verse”
- Stoner and Smith are also finalists, under the Best Podcast category, for “Streaming Verse”
- Recently announced; Erik Bonilla-Sanchez, Harper Radio’s General Manager in 2021, is a finalist for the Len Mallioux Management Awards in the Best Radio Station Manager – College category
Harper Radio Faculty Advisor Brian Shelton said “we are absolutely thrilled that these student entries have made it into the finals for the prestigious IBS 2022 Media Awards. They are all outstanding broadcasters, and we are honored for them to all be under consideration for further recognition.”
The IBS Board of Directors has decided to hold the annual Spring Conference –where the winners in each category will be recognized – virtually once again this year. Registration is now open for their 82nd Annual Conference, which will be held the week of March 1st.
Harper Radio WHCM 88.3 FM is a student run college radio station at Harper College, broadcasting across northern Chicagoland and streaming worldwide at www.harperradio.com Enjoy commercial free programming including sports, talk, news, and a variety of music. Everything you need while listening to college radio.
The Intercollegiate Broadcasting System (IBS) is an organization with a membership of over one thousand non-profit, education-affiliated radio stations and webcasters. Founded in 1940, IBS is headquartered in New Windsor, NY, with a legal office in Washington, D.C. In addition to providing support for establishing and operating noncommercial radio and webcast operations, it frequently represents its members with FCC negotiations, copyright issues, and litigation.
Ashley Rosenthal, Harper Radio General Manager
1200 W. Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067